Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First day of school!

Yesterday was the first day of school and for some reason I did not feel the same excitement I usually do before school starts. Don't get me wrong. I love learning and I love university but I feel like I'm already exhausted (this usually sets in for me after reading week). 
There are those who put things in perspective and say, "you're paying $50 per class...is it wise to skip?" and I'm guilty of saying such words!
 Maybe all I need is a kick-start, cappuccino shot to get me charged. Though thinking about the amount of work impending makes me want to turn my back, cross my arms and pretend there isn't a pile of assignments on my desk.
Tell me then what motivates you to keep learning and working hard? Share some tips, please. 

Sincerely,
Fatima A

2 comments:

  1. I always get motivation from thinking about it as a way to open your mind, a way to learn not just the subject which you are enrolled in but I love seeing all the different things out there, all the views of people, the ways of teaching, the ideas that come out in class, the people that you meet...rather than only focusing on the academic (although I am not saying this is not important) I find it helps when I think of it as being another 'lens' to view the world. Instead of pushing ourselves and burning out over the pile of assignments view it as a challenge, and challenge yourself to learn what is out there and try to find enjoyment in that rather than in getting the A+ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very true! With hindsight I think that, 'I wish I had enjoyed my classes and assignments more.'
    Grades are only a tiny portion of the entire academic learning experience.
    Thanks for your input though :)

    ReplyDelete